Moomins for Ivan

IMG_9023

This weekend was a real test of my abilities and also getting a number of items actioned at the same time. All good practise though.  After the owls came the Moomins. I really had so much fun creating these little characters and used a variety of methods. I’m not sure if I prefer one over the other but it was good to try them all.

IMG_9026

Here you have the sugarpaste with royal icing added definition and also the royal icing run out method. I’m getting better and the consistency of royal icing needed for the borders and the run outs and also the steady pressure required.

IMG_9027IMG_9029

Then I also tried out modelling with the sugarpaste. The picture below doesn’t show the best one I did but it was passable, and hopefully looks moderately like a moomin.

IMG_9030

And of course there were flowers. I also used petal paste – another first – for the letters and tried out the new letter templates I bought. They’re so small and fiddly but good fun.

IMG_9031

IMG_9032

IMG_9036

I think Lucy was happy with them, I certainly was!

Advertisements